The CS1000 is a price/performance breakthrough in the cable maintenance, signal testing market. It tests ten different types of cable ends. Each cable being tested has its pinout scanned for continuity as well as proper polarity.
Plus, the unit features a 1 kHz Test Tone oscillator with a calibrated variable level control. The balanced test signal is sent out each of the jacks on one side of the unit providing a convenient way to verify proper operation of audio equipment. It can be heard through headphones and has enough level to hear through a speaker. The RJ jacks allow ringing out phone lines and other installed wiring.
The CS1000 also features Phantom Power Voltage and polarity (both signals present) testing as well.
Tests 10 Different Cable Types, Including:
- SPEAK-ON (Neutrik)
- XLR FEMALE
- XLR MALE
- RJ11 (Telephone)
- RJ45 (Ethernet and CAT5)
- Scan rate: 300mS per LED
- Test Tone frequency: 1 kHz
- Test Tone level: -30 dB to + 7 dB balanced
- Tone output impedance: 100 Ohms unbalanced, 200 Ohms balanced
- No. of LEDs: 17
- Estimated battery life: 6 hours of operation
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.65” x 6.95” x 2.275” (11.8 x 17.65 x 5.78 cm)
- Weight (with battery): 2.8 lbs. (1.27 kg)