The Presonus ACP88 gives you total dynamics control for multi-tracking and live sound reinforcement. Eight compressor/limiters deliver transparent dynamics control. Eight full featured gates seamlessly control unwanted noise and bleed-through. Control vocals, tame drums, protect speakers, tighten the low-end – all from just two rack spaces of powerful processing.
Each channel on the ACP88 provides crystal clear, musical compression and is equipped with full-featured controls including variable attack and release and switchable soft/hard knee. Also, an “Auto” mode on every channel takes the guesswork out of setting the compressor. The noise gates are excellent for cleaning up drums, vocals, and instruments. Gate feature set includes; threshold, variable attack & release times and gate range controls.
The Gate boasts a Gate Key/Sidechain for precise frequency gating applications. In addition, each channel has a seven-segment LED meter that displays gain reduction, and an LED indicator for gate position (open/close) and compression threshold (above/below). A unique linking function makes it possible for any channel to be linked to the previous. This comprehensive bus can link two to eight channels together in any order as well as create various link groups. De-essing, ducking and other forms of spectral processing can be accomplished using the compressor sidechain provided on every channel.
At the heart of the ACP88 is the much respected THAT 4301s VCA. This VCA has unsurpassed dynamic range, extremely low distortion charateristics and virtually no noise. Conclusion? There is nothing that can compare to the space/performance benefits of the ACP88 at any price.
All inputs and outputs are 1/4” TRS balanced or unbalanced, and each channel has a selectable +4dBu/-10dBV switch. The unit is housed in a two-rack-space, all-steel chassis and has a switchable power transformer for international use. With its superior sound quality and features, the ACP-88 is a workhorse-processor that truly affords Total Dynamics Control.
- Eight Full Featured Compressor/Limiters
- Eight Full Featured Gates
- Side Chain on Every Channel
- Trigger Inputs on Every Channel
- Balanced/Unbalanced I/O
- Comprehensive Linking via Unique Power Summing Bus
- Takes the Place of Multiple Processors
- Crystal Clear Compression & GatingforMulti-Tracking & Live Sound
- Allows Spectral Processing & Gate KeyingviaSeparate Jacks
- +4/-10 Stereo Operating Level
- Number of Channels: Eight
- Dynamic Range: >115dB
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95dB
- Headroom: +24dBu, Unbalanced +18dBu, Balanced
- Frequency Response: 10Hz to50kHz
- Crosstalk: <82dB @10kHz
- Compression Threshold Range: -40dBu to +20dBu
- Compression Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Compressor Attack Time: 0.02ms to 200 ms
- Compressor Release Time: 0.5ms to500ms
- Auto Attack and Release: Program Dependent
- Gate Threshold Range: -70dBu to +20dBu
- Gate Attack Time: 0.01ms to 100ms
- Gate Release Time: 0.02ms to 2 sec
- Gate Attenuation Range: -15dB or-60dB
- Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- THD + Noise: <0.02%
- Output Gain: -20dB to+20dB
- Compression Curve Types: Hard and Soft Knee
- Compression Metering: Above/Below Threshold LED
- Gate Metering: Open and Closed LED
- Sidechain Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
- Sidechain Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
- Internal Operation Level: +4dBu=0dBu
- Input Range: +4dBu or -10dBu
- Input Connectors: 1/4" TRS, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Output Connectors: 1/4" TRS, Balanced or Unbalanced
- Compressor Sidechain Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Gate Sidechain Connector: 1/4" TRS
- Power Supply: Internal, Linear Supply
- Power Requirements: 100V AC to 120V AC or 200V AC to240V AC
- Power Connection: IECReceptacle
- Size: 2U Rack
- Dimensions: 19" x 3.5" x 7"
- Weight: 12 lbs.