Pair of IQ12 Store display demo units.
The Turbosound iQ12 is a 2500 Watt (peak) powered two-way loudspeaker ideally suited for a wide range of portable and fixed installation, music and speech sound reinforcement applications. The driver complement includes an 12" low frequency driver with a low mass voice coil for improved transient response, and a high temperature 1" compression driver with copper-clad aluminium voice coil for extended high frequency reproduction.
Equipped with a very efficient and lightweight two channel Klark Teknik Class 'D' power amplifier, the iQ12 provides an impressive 2,500 Watts (peak) of output power. A high degree of control over the loudspeaker system’s performance is managed by a sophisticated, but easy to use Klark Teknik Digital Signal Processor (DSP), which provides dynamic EQ for remarkable full range response at low volume levels, and transparent limiting for the utmost clarity at high output levels – and long-term reliability. iQ12’s advanced DSP speaker modelling presets include detailed and accurate models of some of the audio industry’s most-respected loudspeakers.
Klark Teknik also developed a highly versatile Spatial Contour Control (SCC) DSP function, which allows the user to easily optimize the iQ12’s frequency response for the physical speaker placement. This advanced functionality provides frequency compensation for stand, floor, wall or ceiling placement, much like the adjustments commonly found on studio reference monitors.
On the rear panel amplifier module, you will find a fully featured user interface consisting of an LCD display, the Channel A and B gain controls, and a single rotary encoder for intuitive access to level, EQ, Speaker modelling, SCC, Subwoofer Integration and Feedback Control (FBI). In addition to the two combination balanced XLR/jack inputs, balanced XLR outputs for each of the two independent channels, and a Mix Out XLR connector, the iQ12 features a mic/line switch and level control with signal present LED on each channel.
The iQ12 also features Turbosound's proprietary ULTRANET technology, which allows the use of CAT5 cables for transmitting pristine multi-channel audio signals and other information between ULTRANET-enabled products, such as digital mixers and personal monitor systems. This digital distribution networking not only eliminates the potential for RFI and crosstalk so common to analog methods, but also significantly reduces the setup or installation time required. An onboard USB port provides access for remote control of the iQ12 via PC, as well as DSP and speaker modelling firmware updates.
The lightweight fiberglass reinforced composite enclosure is fitted with a rugged powder coated perforated steel mesh grille and multiple internal rigging points for permanent installations. The iQ12 is also fitted with a dual angle pole mount socket, allowing the enclosure to be pole mounted straight on, or raised and angled downwards for optimal audience coverage. Mains power input and link output is provided via Neutrik powerCON connectors.
- 12", 2-way loudspeaker for portable PA and installation applications
- 2500W power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- DSP for total system control with accurate models of popular speakers
- Spatial Countour Control compensates frequency response for different placements
- Full-featured user interface with LCD for ease of navigation
- Frequency Response: 52 Hz – 18 kHz ±3 dB; 45 Hz– 20 kHz -10 dB
- Nominal Dispersion: 80° H x 60° V @ -6 dBpoints
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB peak
- Crossover type: Active
- Transducers: 1 x 12" (308.5 mm) LF driver; 1 x1" (25.4 mm) HF compression driver
- Limiter: Independent HF, LF, peak and rms
- Maximum output power: 2,500 W
- Type: Class 'D'
- Protection: Short circuit, open circuit, thermal
- Input A / B: 2 x combo jack/XLR
- Sensitivity: Line +4 dBu, mic -22 dBu, switchable
- Input impedance: 20 kOhms unbalanced, 40 kOhms balanced
- Maximum input level: +21 dBu
- Output A / B: 2 x XLR Linked to input
- Mix output: XLR, balanced
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms unbalanced, 200 Ohms balanced
- Ultranet input/link: 2 x RJ45
- Mains Supply: Neutrik powerCON input 20A and link 15A
- DSP: Rotary push-encoder Buttons for PROCESS, SETUP, EXIT, ENTER
- Mixer section: 2 x gain controls (channels A and B); 2 x Line/Mic switch
- Factory EQ presets: Positioning, Sound mode, Sound modeling, FBQ
- Display: LCD 128 x 32, blue backlit
- Delay: 0 - 300 ms
- Equalization: High and low shelving EQ, 2x parametric EQ
- Limiter: Zero attack input limiter
- Presets: 20 total presets, 19 user-definable
- Crossover: High Pass L-R 24 dB/oct
- Protection: Lock-out function for all settings
- A/D conversion: 24-bit,44.1/48kHz sample rate
- Converter type: 24-bit, delta-sigma
- System Signal: 16 channels
- Latency: < 0.9 ms
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0 / -3dB)
- Dynamic range: Typical 92 dB
- Cables: Shielded CAT5
- Cable length: max. 246 ft (75 m) recommended
- Power consumption: 150 W @ 1/8 max power
- Voltage (fuses):
- USA / Canada: 120 V~, 60 Hz (T 15 A H 250 V)
- UK / Australia / Europe: 220-240 V~, 50/60 Hz (T 10 A H 250 V)
- Korea / China: 220-240 V~, 50/60 Hz (T 10 A H 250 V)
- Japan: 100 V~, 50/60 Hz (T 15 A H 250 V)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 609 x 370 x 370 mm (24.0" x 14.5" x 14.5")
- Net weight: 21.1 kg (46 lbs)
- Construction: Injection-moulded polypropylene enclosure
- Finish: Black painted
- Grille: Powder coated perforated steel
- Flying Hardware: M10 x 3 points
- Accessories: IQ12-WB Steel wall bracket