The PC-18/FL is a multi-pattern miniature gooseneck podium microphone designed for sound reinforcement systems where sound quality and gain-before-feedback is of major importance. The multi-pattern versatility of the PolarChoice microphone makes it a true "problem solver". With three directional (Cardioid, Supercardioid and Hypercardioid) and one non-directional (Omnidirectional) polar pattern available, the PolarChoice microphone is ideal for virtually any installation. Polar patterns can be easily changed, using a small flat bladed screwdriver with the front mounted rotary control on the external electronics module. Altering the polar pattern does not change the on-axis sonic character of the microphone; therefore changes in equalizer settings are unnecessary. The PC-18/FL is acoustically designed for high-quality sound reinforcement and broadcast applications. The frequency response is tailored for wide-range sound reproduction with very natural sound pick-up for either distant or close-up use.
The PC-18/FL microphones can be mounted in several different ways. They can be mounted on any fixture that has a standard 5/8" x 27 microphone thread (such as a microphone stand), or they can be mounted to any flat surface using the included threaded flange. Additionally, they can be mounted using the included shock mount and adapter. The cable can be easily changed to exit from either the side, or through the bottom of the microphone.
The small, dual diameter gooseneck has two supple joints and a rigid center tube. The rigid tube prevents unsightly twisting of the gooseneck but permits the user to exactly position the microphone. The electronics module is terminated with a male XLR-type 3-pin connector that allows the microphone to be plugged directly into an existing panel-mount XLR receptacle. The electronics module can also be surface mounted using the included mounting clips. The housing is machined brass for ruggedness and superior EMI/RFI attenuation. The PC-18/FL is designed to be phantom-powered with a wide voltage range of 12-52V dc (DIN Standard 45 596).
- • Dual Capsule Design with four polar patterns: Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Supercardioid, and Hypercardioid.
- • Thread or flange mount
- • Cable can exit from the side or through the bottom of the gooseneck
- • Switchable high pass filter
- • Consistent on-axis response.
- • Available in 12 or 18 inch versions.
- • Non-reflecting black finish
- • Phantom powered back-electret condenser
- • Packaged with a two-piece shock mount
- Generation Element: Dual condenser, back electret
- Frequency Response: 50-20,000 Hz
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Supercardioid, Hypercardioid
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1 kHz: 5.6mV/Pa
- Clipping Level (1% THD): >135 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise: <26 dB SPL A-weighted
- Dynamic Range: >109 dB
- Output Impedance, 1 kHz: 200 ohms
- Power Requirements: Phantom, 12-52 VDC
- Current Consumption: <8 mA with P12 supply
- Polarity: Pin 2 positive, referenced to pin 3, with positive pressure on the diaphragm
- Gooseneck Length: 457.7mm (18.0")
- Maximum Head Diameter: 14.6mm (0.58")
- Gooseneck Diameter:
- Lower section: 7.9mm (0.31")
- Upper section: 6.4mm (0.25")
- Electronics Module Diameter: 20mm (0.79")
- Connector Diameter: 19mm (0.75")
- Accessories Furnished: Windscreen, Two-piece shock mount (with shock mount adaptor), Mounting clips for electronics module
- Color: Non-reflecting black
- Environmental Conditions:
- Relative Humidity 0-50%: -29 to 74 degrees C (-20 to 165 degrees F)
- Relative Humidity 0-95%: -29 to 57 degrees C (-20 to 135 degrees F)
- Net Weight: 119 grams (4.2 oz), 261 grams (9.2 oz) with electronics module