The new PolarChoice Boundary Satellite from Electro-Voice, is the most unique and flexible wireless boundary microphone available today. In any situation or installation, the PC Boundary Sat provides the microphone solution you never thought possible.
Being the newest addition to the unique PolarChoice family, the PC Boundary Sat features a selectable polar pattern. Via a simple 4 position rotary switch, you can choose between four patterns - omni, cardioid, super cardioid and figure-8, to optimise the audio pick-up for any acoustic environment.
And being called a Satellite, the PC Boundary Sat design works just like it's older brother, the worlds first wireless podium microphone, the PolarChoice Satellite. The PC Boundary Sat works with any EV and Telex wireless bodypack transmitters. Simply install the bodypack transmitter into it's custom designed compartment under the mic housing. The fact that it works with any EV/Telex system means you can choose the level of wireless performance required. In addition, the beltpack can be easily removed, meaning it's perfect for rentals, meeting facilities, or house of worship applications. Today the wireless beltpack can be used with the Boundary Sat, and tonight the beltpack can be removed and used with a lav or headworn mic. The transmitter is not dedicated to just wireless boundary operation!
In 1997, EV introduced the PolarChoice podium mic, the first pattern selectable gooseneck microphone. In 2003, we expanded that offering to include the PC Satellite, the first wireless podium mic. Today EV takes these two concepts to the next level - a wireless boundary mic with selectable polar patterns. The PC Boundary Sat is another example of the level of microphone innovation you've come to expect from EV install products.
- Generation Element: Dual condenser, back electret
- Frequency Response: 50Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Polar Patterns: Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Supercardioid, Figure 8
- Switches and Controls: Top mounted momentary membrane switch Push on/off, or push-to-mute selector. Power up on/off selector, High-pass enable. 4-position polar pattern selector
- Sensitivity, Open Circuit Voltage, 1kHz: 17.8 mV/Pascal
- Clipping Level (1% THD): >130 dB SPL
- Equivalent Noise: <26 dB SPL "A" weighted (0dB=20 micropascals) Dynamic Range: >98dB
- Output Impedance, 1kHz: 1000 ohms
- Power Requirements: 5 VDC, supplied by optional bodypack
- Current Consumption: <1.5 mA
- Polarity: Pin 2 positive, referenced to pin 1, with positive pressure on the diaphragm
- Dimensions (L x W x H, without bodypack): 5.5" x 3.2" x 2.0"
- Weight (without bodypack): 4.5 oz