The ADA8200 builds on the proud legacy of Behringer's ADA8000. Behringer improved it by upgrading to reference-class Cirrus Logic converters and Midas-designed Mic Preamps, making the ADA8200 the natural choice for musicians and audio engineers alike.
Need to convert a digital multi-track signal to analog, or vice versa? The ULTRAGAIN DIGITAL ADA8200 is sublimely easy to operate, fits neatly into a single rack space, and thanks to its Midas-designed Mic Preamps and integrated A/D and D/A converters you’ll get optimal signal conversion—without the slightest hint of distortion or signal deterioration! The ULTRAGAIN ADA8200 is the professional’s edge.
- Ultra-high quality 8-channel A/D and D/A interfacefor virtually any digital recording/mixing environment
- 8 state-of-the-art Midas designed Mic Preamplifiers
- Phantom power on all microphone inputs
- Reference-class Cirrus Logic 24-bit converters forultimate signal integrity
- Processes 48 and 44.1 kHz sample rates
- External sample rate synchronization via word clockor ADAT input
- Optical ADAT in/out interface for ultimatecompatibility
- All mic/line inputs routed to the ADAT output
- ADAT input routed to all Line outputs
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximumflexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response pluslow power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure longlife
The Technical Stuff
Signal conversion in the ADA8200 takes place at either 44.1 or 48 kHz with 24-bit resolution. The ADAT inputs and outputs can be operated independently, as long as there is an identical wordclock signal. Frequency range is an ultra-wide 10 Hz - 24 kHz at a 48 kHz sampling rate.
Important Compatibility Information
There is a known issue with the ADAT interface implementation of the MOTU 2408 audio interface that makes it incompatible with the ADA8000/ADA8200 under certain operating conditions. Users are advised to avoid the following configuration:
- The MOTU 2408 is connected to a MOTU PCI-424 card andoperating in PCI Mode under computer control
- The ADA8000/ADA8200 SYNC option is set to SLAVE andthe clock input is being supplied from the MOTU 2408
- The optical output from the ADA8000 ADAT interface is connected to an ADATinput on the MOTU 2408