Behringer's 150-Watt NEKKST K8 Studio Monitor’s unparalleled performance is the result of a major collaboration between Behringer audio engineers and loudspeaker master-designer/founder of KRK – Keith R. Klawitter. This incredible reference system is ideal for all critical listening environments thanks to the custom-engineered bi-amplification system that features separate amplifiers for the 8" glass-fiber woofer and 1" silk-dome tweeter. K8’s long-throw woofer generates deep, tight bass and virtually smear-proof mids, while the ultra-high resolution tweeter provides sparkling highs – all enhanced by Keith’s Advanced Waveguide Technology for an extremely generous sweet spot.
Bi-Amplification - The Path to Absolute Signal Integrity
With its 150 Watts of output, delivered through separately powered drivers via a true bi-amping mode with 2 amplifiers per speaker, the NEKKST K8 delivers high-resolution sound that really brings out the best in your music. You will notice that most competitors apply simple passive crossovers, which not only inaccurately separate the frequency spectrum, but most importantly impact the drivers’ performance. Behringer has gone the extra mile, driving each woofer and tweeter with a separate amplifier for absolute signal integrity.
The ultra-linear NEKKST K8 was designed by renowned acoustic icon and founder of KRK, Keith R. Klawitter – a man who has devoted much of his life to the quest for the “perfect” loudspeaker. The K8 features Keith’s advanced Waveguide technology for the ultimate in acoustic dispersion, which generates an extremely large “sweet zone” for easy and optimal monitoring. A true bi-amped system, an ingenious crossover design and separate amplifiers are utilized for high and low-frequency signals, providing superb sound reproduction from the long-throw, deformation resistant, glass-fiber cone woofer and pristinely-accurate, silk-dome tweeter.
The ability for a studio monitor to adapt to a wide range of acoustic conditions is of paramount importance, and the NEKKST K8 delivers extreme versatility in this arena. NEKKST K8’s rear panel features switches for adjusting high and low-frequency response, compensating for varying room attributes, or for pairing with a dedicated subwoofer. Independently-controlled limiters protect both the woofer and tweeter against overload.
Connectivity and Compatibility
Since a monitor’s output is only as good as its input, the NEKKST K8 includes a servo-balanced front end and accepts XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA connectors for extremely-flexible connectivity. The high-density composite enclosure guarantees ultra-low diffraction and reduced low frequency distortion.
Behringer NEKKST K8 Features:
- Ultra-linear 150-Watt reference-class studio monitor
- Designed by renowned acoustic icon Keith Klawitter, founder of KRK
- Advanced Waveguide technology creates ultimate acoustic dispersion and extremely large "sweet zone"
- True bi-amping mode with 2 separate amplifiers for ultimate sound reproduction
- Ultra-high resolution, 1" silk dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 8" woofer with deformation-resistant glass fiber cone
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation
- Separately controlled limiter for low and high-frequency overload protection
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA connectors
- High-density composite enclosure for ultra-low diffraction and reduced low-frequency distortion
- "Planet Earth" power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany