The Behringer EUROPOWER EP2000 stereo power amplifier features excellent sound quality, road-worthy toughness and reliability, low-noise operation and incredible power. With a maximum of 2000 Watts (Bridge Mono Mode) the EP2000 amplifier is perfect for medium-sized club gigs, mobile PA systems, church services or public spaces.
The über-simple front panel controls of this amp gives you all of your sound’s vital signs at a glance. After flipping the Main switch, the Power LED will light when the amp is ready for action. Both channels have independent gain dials as well as Clip LEDs that indicate when the signal is distorted and you need to reduce the gain. There are also Signal LEDs that light up when a signal is present at the input.
A panel of switches found on the back panel offers an array of cool options to apply to both channels of the EP2000. The Clip Limiter lets you get even more out of the amplifier without overdriving either it or your speaker system. Built-in circuitry automatically senses when the EP2000 is being overdriven into “clipping” and then momentarily reduces the input level to avoid clipping distortion. Since this all happens in just a few thousandths of a second, it’s the ideal way to avoid audible clipping distortion.
Rickety stage vibrations, mic thumps and wind noise can cause ultra-low frequency sounds, or infrasonics. While technically inaudible, they can cause a huge drain on amp power, potential damage to your speakers and a sludgy sound in the audible bass ranges. The EP2000 features a defeatable Low Cut Filter that chops off unwanted frequencies below 50 Hz or 30 Hz (depending on your PA system’s capabilities).
The same panel contains the switches that puts this amp to work in either Stereo or Bridge (mono) mode. The EP2000 can be linked to additional power amps by switching into Parallel mode.
There are plenty of awesome features on the outside of the EP2000, but there’s also a team of cool components on the inside helping it work its magic. It comes loaded with famously reliable Toshiba/Fairchild power transistors, as well as a high-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and further reliability. Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects both the amplifier and your speakers.
The EP2000 has both XLR and 1/4" TRS Inputs, plus Speakon-compatible Outputs and 5-way binding posts. Whether you’re dealing with bare wire or boutique audiophile cabling, the EP2000 is right at home.
The exhaust fan, visible on the back panel, is the final stage of an internal back-to-front cooling system that keeps this amp working at cooler temperatures, even through periods of extended use. Finally, an impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rack-mount chassis helps this workhorse stand up to all the rigors of the road.
Behringer EUROPOWER EP2000 Features:
- 2 x 1,000 Watts into 2 Ohms; 2 x 750 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2,000 Watts into 4 Ohms (bridge mode)
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
- Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- Precise Power, Signal and Clip LEDs to monitor performance
- XLR and 1/4" TRS input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
- Selectable low-frequency filters remove damaging infra-sound frequencies
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
- "Back-to-front" ventilation system including air filter for reliable operation
- "Built-like-a-tank," impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by Behringer Germany