The Behringer Digital Snake S16 is an I/O Box with 16 remote-controllable Midas preamps, 8 outputs, and AES50 networking featuring Klark Teknik SuperMac technology.
The S16 Digital Snake from Behringer takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the talent. The S16 provides 16 fully-programmable, remotely-controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog balanced XLR returns at the stage end and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router. Klark Teknik provided the SuperMAC technology that made all of this possible.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S16 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs and the Powerplay P-16 Personal Monitoring System, which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers. Behringer also included two optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1-8 and 9-16 to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC, plus MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Having to run back and forth to FOH, or trying to communicate with a tech on stage tracking down a bad cable or connection, can really put a crimp in the gig. S16's ingenious monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 16 inputs, 8 bus outputs or P16 output streams, for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual input channel Gain, apply +48 V phantom power, plus you have the option of listening directly to the input signal via headphones and much more. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for total system security.
The Ultranet port on the S16 lets you connect directly to the Behringer Powerplay P16 system, which provides an easy, affordable way to give your musicians and vocalists what they really want--"more me." P16-M Personal Mixers let each performer take control of what they hear, allowing you to concentrate on providing the audience with the best possible listening experience. Fast and easy to set up, a basic system can be installed and configured in a matter of minutes and the system can be expanded to adapt to changing needs.
Klark Teknik SuperMAC (AES50-Compliant) technology gives the S16 its high-capacity digital interconnectivity with ultra-low latency operation, as well as superbly simple deployment and ease of use. Klark Teknik engineers worked hand-in-hand with Behringer product developers to ensure the S16 meets, or exceeds, the requirements of live performance entertainers and their professional audio engineers.
Behringer Digital Snake S16 Features:
- 16 fully programmable and remote-controllable audiophile mic preamps
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik SuperMac technology for ultra-low latency (in-ear compatible)
- Up to 100 m networking capability via shielded CAT-5e cable* (not included)
*ShieldedCat5e cables offer greater reliability. Unshielded cables are NOTrecommended for use with the S16.
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S16 units—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage
- Phones output assignable to any of the inputs/outputs for on-stage monitoring
- Connectivity for Behringer's P-16 Personal Monitoring System for In-Ear applications (not included )
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- MIDI In/Out for bi-directional communication between FOH console and onstage MIDI devices
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- "Built like a tank" yet compact, all-steel 2RU rack-mount chassis