These loudspeakers take everything musicians love about the original B215 and upgrade them with the same bass and treble/mid transducers found in the popular B215A active versions for even better sound and power handling. And with integrated overload protection circuitry, they arrive ready to push it to the limit without putting their high or low frequency drivers in danger.
Every stitch of these loudspeakers is built to deliver, but the fact is that their transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part you actually hear. While some manufacturers are okay with putting off-the-shelf transducers in their boxes, Behringer custom-designed and builb theirs from scratch. Not only do they wind their own voice coils, they grow the trees that are processed into the paper pulp that becomes the cones. They even machine the frames and backplates.
These loudspeakers pack a clean, puncy wallop (and can handle up to 1000 Watts), they are easy to lift by their recessed handles (38.7 lbs) and are available at insanely low prices.
The B215XL is perfect either as part of a PA system or as an onstage monitor. If the situation calls for a PA, mount the speakers on stands via the 35mm pole socket. From there, send a line from the MAIN OUT of a mixer (such as a XENYX 1202FX) to a power amplifier (like the EUROPOWER EP1500). Finally, attach B215XL to each of the amp's outputs. These loudspeakers have inputs for both professional speaker cable and 1/4" cable. Because these loudspeakers have two parallel inputs, you can connect up to two of them to any channel on a power amp.
But they don't have to be confined to an upright position. Just lay them on their sides for use as a floor monitor. You'll find that they tilt to the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications.
- High-power 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications (250W continuous/1000W peak)
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Extremely powerful 15" long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.75" titanium-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Overload-protection circuitry ensures optimal HF driver protection
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning:
- Stand mounting with 35mm pole socket
- Tilts on its side for use as a floor monitor
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- 2 professional speaker connectors plus 1/4" jack connectors
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life