The Behringer B205D is an active PA loudspeaker that is small and light enough to mount on a mic stand. But don't let the small size fool you - the B205D cranks out high-fidelity sound and comes loaded with features.
Thanks to the revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology and internal switchmode power supplies, not only do B205D loudspeakers sound great, they weigh considerably less than most competing active speakers. They pump out 150W from a compact loudspeaker, and you can link additional active loudspeaker systems via the handy THRU socket. A built-in mixer provides three input channels, including a switchable instrument-ready input (no DI required), and also features a dedicated 3-band EQ (bass/mid/treble) for simple, yet effective tonal control.
Space limitations often make it improssible to place full-sized monitor wedges where they can do the most good - and passive monitors require lots of external amplifiers and processing gear to function properly. All this adds up to even more gear to move, and if you don't know what you're doing, you can easily damage passive monitors by applying too much, or even workse, too little power to them. With the B205D the guesswork is taken out, giving each loudspeaker its own 150W, class-D amplifier specifically designed as the perfect mate for the custom-engineered 5.25" neodymium driver.
By using an internal switch-mode power supply, The weight is reduced to a mere 7 lbs. This means that instead of bringing in your old passive floor wedges one-at-a-time, you can carry all your monitors in one trip - without even breaking a sweat. They are small enough to mount on mic stands (each speaker includes a special mic stand integration system), on a tabletop, or they can be placed directly atop a piano or electronic keyboard.
Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class-D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices.
when used in conjunction with switching mode power supplies, these Class-D amplifiers provide tremendous dynamic punch and superior fidelity. The resulting speaker systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up. The no-compromise design means the B205Ds deliver full power with incredible fidelity all night long, without the need for rest cycles.
With just a single B205D loudspeaker system and a microphone, you can set up an instant, high-quality sound system. Thanks to the built-in preamp section, you just connect a dynamic mic and raise and lower the volume with the LEVEL control. Plug in your second source (CD or MP3 player), place the speaker on a tabletop or mic stand and power up. It's just that easy. And if you need more coverage, you can chain together as many as you like via the convenient LINK OUTPUT XLR connector.
Behringer B205D-EUROLIVE Features:
- Multi-purpose, 150-Watt, active speaker for vocal andkeyboard monitoring, multi-media, press conferences and home recording studio,etc.
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormouspower, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- 5.25" premium-quality, full-range neodymium driver
- Ultra-low noise 3-channel mixer with 3-band EQ
- 2 "Invisible" Mic Preamps with phantom power forcondenser microphones and 1 instrument-ready input (no DI required)
- Dedicated stereo input for keyboards, MP3, CD, etc.
- XLR "through" connector with mic/line switch forlinking more B205Ds
- Mic stand integration system for use with stand andboom
- Integrated limiter for ultimate system control andspeaker protection
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-freeaudio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Super-tough, impact-resistant enclosure with integrated top carry handle
Behringer B205D-EUROLIVE Specifications:
- Amplifier Power Output:
- 125W RMS
- 150W Peak
- Speaker: 5.25"
- Channel 1: RCA
- Channel 2: XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Channel 3: XLR-1/4" TRS combo
- Phantom Power: Channels 2 & 3, +48V,switchable
- Channel Level Controls: Input Trim -infinity to+30dB; Max input level: +22dBu
- Link: Thru XLR connector, mic/line switchable
Main In: XLR-1/4" TRS combo jack
- Frequency Response: 105Hz to 10kHz
- SPL: Max. 112dB @ 1m
- Limiter: Optical
- Dynamic Equalizer: Processor-controlled
- High: >12kHz, +/-15dB
- Mid: 2.5kHz, +/-15dB
- Low: <100Hz, +/-15dB
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 7.30" x 11.42" x 8.70"
- Weight: 7 lbs